Darkheart

BANG! I woke to a thump at 2:43 in the morning. I looked around my room, seeing what happened. Nothing was there. I tried to lay back down onto my bed. BANG! My eyes widened. I reached for my phone in the dark, finally grabbing it. I turned on the torch, and looked around. ...Nothing. BANG! This time it was from the kitchen. I put my dressing gown on and with a fast beating heart, I crept into the kitchen. I looked around to see my cat sleeping on the table. I sighed with relief when I realized the situation. CRASH! A sound echoed from outside. “Stupid possums.” I growled quietly. I opened the window, looked down, and saw two macabre, crimson red eyes staring back.

I jumped backwards, falling onto the wall. Panicked, I grabbed my cat and ran. But soon enough I realized my cat wasn't sleeping. ...And it wasn't awake either. I screamed and dropped the body. I looked back up at the window and saw this grim, unnerving creature with spiked limbs and bony, wet skin. It looked back up at me and crept forward. Soon enough the creature was right at my face, staring. It couldn't see me. Soon enough it walked away, leaving cracks on the planks where its foot landed. I sighed deeply, thinking I was okay. suddenly the beast shot its appalling, red eyes back at me. its its face started wriggling, suddenly opening up, like a flower, to see hundreds of sharp teeth.

The beast lunged at me, barely missing, and hit the wall. I took the chance and sprinted downed the hallway. Pursued by the intimating beast, I ran to my room and locked myself in the closet. With a fast beating heart, I sat and heard the demon making its way towards my hiding spot. The sound of footsteps and snapping planks grew louder and louder. Suddenly, it all went quiet. I sat without moving a muscle. Soon enough I got curious, and creaked the door open a bit, 5:03 showed on the clock. Everything was in order, and no monster was there. I sighed in relief and slowly crept out of the closet and crawled into bed. I rested my head on my pillow and looked to the roof.

...And saw two red eyes staring back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!