The

It was just a normal average summer afternoon the sun was just starting to lose its glisten and people were heading home from their daily activities. Stood in the same position that it had been for as long as time itself was the Rimmegrital Tree.

For all to witness was a horrible event so great to those villages that not a sole knew what to do so panic followed rather than any solution, but

Everyone who was anyone from Gromoll Village knew the tree was of special origin, no one could truly state how or where that tree came to be in this village, or why in fact it was there at all.

What the resistance of Gromoll did no was this not a single soul had ever seen another tree like this, not residents of our town, not the various professional that had made attempts to study the Rimmegrital Tree, not the many visitors that came each year to marvel at the wonders of the Rimmegrial Tree.

Now it was never able to be proven by science but any person of Gromoll could verify that tree had magical powers. The thing was it also came with a curse. This tree could grant you any wish so your heart desired, however it also came to be known that many of the recpients of these magical wishes where also later in life to fall upon misfortunes, so it was said by many that this was the magic keeping everything in balance and harmony as required.

However, balance and harmony did not exist during this time in that little village of Gromoll, you see a most beautiful young lady had recently appeared, so fair skinned, with deep sea blue eyes and curly chestnut hair down to her waist. Now many of the eligible young men and even some that where not surly not so eligible, wished for her to become their future wife's. The envy of all they could be they thought, if only they could have the love and devotion of she.

So as of because anyone could imagine, day after day they all went past Rimmegrital, pledged their love for this stranger and asked for their wish to be granted that she returns the same love that they felt.

Now this may seem like a great thing, all the young men in the village in love, but what happened was surly not smiles and bliss filled days. Indeed, quite the opposite did all this love make occur, for not only where all the men living in a daydream which left them wondering around clumsy and causing accidents, they also had become in competition.

Now everyone making the same wish to the Rimmegrial Tree of course was a problem, the leaves had turned brown, the beautiful glossy dark green leaves had turned instead to a pile of brown crispy leaf littering the whole ground belong. The bare branches where stark and many professional of various expertise attended Griphon village to investigate the quiet demise. Now of course all wishes where held secret, and the Rimmegriel Tree was dying due to the greatest disappear upon the dilemma it faced.

None of the men wanted to recount on their wishes and none wanted to admit that they had in fact contributed to the demise of such a miracle of nature such as the tree.

So time passed on, until that the plain normal summer afternoon, the village of Gromoll lost the Rimmerrial Tree forever, and the saddest part is that as normal mans greed and selfishness had caused this lose.
Forever after the people of Gromoll held the dead trunk of the tree as a sacred place, it was to be attended to pray for the village people to respect each other's, share what they had of material value and most of all to look at people for their inner beauty and value.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!