Olympic disaster

“Calling for the 200 meter Butterfly sprint.” Announced the commentator.
“Please line up at your block. Please give a round of applause to……. Saucy strawberry, Gertrude Grape, Todd Tomato, Carry Cucumber and Andrew Apple!” “Welcome one and all to the Vege Olympic Games.

“On your marks, get set, began the Marshall.
“Hang on.” Exclaimed Curry. “There’s no water in the pool!”
“OH no.” Wailed Saucy Strawberry. “Now we can’t swim!”
But little did they know in the crowd there was a Lemon called Lily. She was smart and she could fix anything and everything as quick as a flash. Lily had seen what had happened and went straight down to the pool area.
Meanwhile Saucy Strawberry was almost having a heart attack about the whole thing.

Lily the Lemon came down and had an idea.
“Look at me!” cried Lily “I know.”
But they just pushed her away like she wasn’t there. Lily got quite annoyed with this and decided to do it herself.
So she got a pin from a lady that was sewing, poked a hole through her rough and bumpy skin and it came pouring out like a fountain. She ran over to the pool and slowly the pool began to fill.

“Hey!” Said Andrew Apple, astounded. “The water is back. But it looks like like EEWWW! I don’t even want to think about it.”
It’s not that it’s Lemon Juice.” Said Lily horrified that they thought that it was, well you know what.
“You poured your Lemon juice into the pool?” Said Andrew Apple but they were interrupted by the manager.

“Coming through!” Yelled the manager.
“Here’s the hose!”
“All well, it’s full of lemon juice instead.” Announced Todd.
“It looks like EEEEEWWWWWW!”
“It’s not!” Said Lily angrily.
“Well thank you.” Said the Manager gratefully.

And from that day on she became well known through out Vegetarian Town for her determination.

Who knows the Vege games could be happening right now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!