The First Day, Of The Rest Of His Life

It was a cold, eerie night, and a young, curious twelve, by the name of Felix was longing for his first day of training as a nurturer. Previously at the ceremony of twelve he had been assigned as a nurturer for his community, as well as his friend Stephanie. This job was important, Felix would everyday go and look after the new citizens in his society, if his job was not done properly he would be punished. He could not sleep, so he got up and started prepareing for the
big day ahead of him.
He tiptoed like a quiet mouse to his younger sisters room, where he found the little bundle fast asleep in her wooden cradle, she looked so peaceful. Felix glanced over at her and thought about what her future would be like.

Eventually it was the early morning and the young boy took his daily pill and started at a fast pace, riding his rickety, grey bicycle to begin his training. He passed his friend Stephanie so he slowed down his pace. The two of them rode together to the “Centre of the young”.
The two twelves had finally reached their destination. A tall brick building as they heard the cry of a newborn child. They hurried inside and realised that their first day of training had fell on the day that the newborns were getting their memories erased by the “Deleter of memories”

The Deleter of memories is a tall, thin old man who had been doing the same job since he was too, a young twelve. He did not appear to be enjoying his assignment as he picked up newborn by newborn erasing their memories of the deep, dark, mysterious past. This was not an enjoyable experience for anyone. Soon the Deleter had left and everyone sighed with relief now it was time to begin their training. An older twenty stumbled over to Felix and Stephanie, she explained that the Deleter comes exactly every twenty five days, and she also reminded us about how you must always be clean when entering the centre of the young, so that all of the newborns heath is protected. Felix was not paying attention to the nurturer because his mind was wondering as thousands of questions that entered his mind every second.
“How did the Deleter, delete their memories” “Why did he delete their memories” “Did I have my memories deleted when I was a newborn”
Paragraph 4:
It was the end of an interesting day, it was surely like no other. Felix rode his bicycle once again, as he would for the rest of his life, in the direction of his family unit, passing the tall grey trees as he went. He questioned himself for when his life would get more interesting. The young twelve approached his home when a sudden flash of a new color appeared in the sky. It was different, it was, weird. Felix was frightened, he didn’t know what to do so he hurried quickly into his sleeping room, sat on the windowsill and looked outside, wondering if anyone else saw this peculiar flash.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!