New York Adventure

“Sit down,” Mum said
“I am trying to see the houses on the ground,” I say.
We finally landed in New York. The plane is pretty small compared to those big ones, it only had about 100 seats. We were very lucky because we were at the front of the plane near the pilot. We got to go into the cockpit of the plane, there were so many buttons.

We jumped out of the taxi and headed to our motel, it was awesome, our motel had a pool, a spa and it was along the beach so we could go for a swim whenever we want.

Mum calls me in from the spa,
“What do you want,” I said in a polite voice
“We have to go to the parade, a lot of famous people will be there,” Mum said
“Sounds good,” I say.

We arrived at the parade with a welcoming feeling. After a while I was bored.
“Go and explore the place,” Mum said to me, I went and found food, it was delicious. I had a golf ball and some cake from a bakery stall. I found a bouncy castle. It was really bouncy and especially fun, I was there for hours and hours and it was getting late.

I jumped off the bouncy castle and looked for my Mum. I went to where I saw her last, but she wasn’t there so I kept looking. I searched the whole parade, but I couldn’t find her. I was starting to feel worried that she would be lost forever. I decided to go back to the jumping castle so I have somewhere comfortable to sleep but when I got there a guy was letting it down. I asked him if I could sleep on it but he said no, he asked me where I was staying.
“I was going to stay at a motel but I think my Mum has left to go back to Australia, so I can’t stay there, I really miss her can you please help me,”
“Sure,” he said
“But first, what’s your name?” he asked
“I’m Minnie. What’s yours?” I asked
“I’m Johnny, nice to meet you,” he said
“You can stay at my place tonight then I can take you back to Australia, back to your mum.”

“Time to wake up,” Johnny said, “we have a flight to catch. The cab will be here in a minute so get dressed and have some breakfast.” I ate my toast as the cab got here.


We arrived in Sydney and caught a cab to my house. I scramble out of the car and knock on the door, Mum opens the door and hugging her I said: “I missed you.” I asked Johnny if he wanted to stay the night because it was a long trip back to New York. He stayed a couple of nights and Mum and Johnny got along well. In the end, they got married and we lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!