Ballerina Dreams

As the clock struck twelve Maya crept out of bed. People were in there slumbers, having dreams but the poor girl had nightmares. In the dead of the still night she crept downstairs the cold floor touching her blistered feet. She heard snoring from her sisters room. but she continued walking. She had her ballet shoes held in her clutch and was wearing her tutu.
Maya arrive at the door opening it carefully. The numb wind flew to her face. She walked slowly her feet landed on the floor like feathers. When she arrived at her destination (an alley) she stopped and dropped her shoes. She stared at it gormlessly, her fingers numb and pale her eyes shinier than diamonds. She placed her shoes on and started dancing. Her misery flowed around her, this time her leaps were perfect. She was isolated and thought about the bad luck she had in life her parents now dead in there cold graves and the most important thing, her... happiness. She stopped and thrusts her ballet shoes and fainted.
She woke up in a most white and delicate room. she stared at the wall and saw herself dancing in the spotlight. Her audience cheering and she was showered in the most finest red roses. She realised something her eyes were even more shinier but in a abrupt way the imagination was gone. Then she heard someone talk. A shadow appeared then it was a clear sight. It was her parents!. She ran to them and hugged them but her arms went through them, then she realised they were a vision. "Promise us you will be happy" they spoke in a soft voice. Maya smiled but sighed "I promise". Then they disappeared and she was back in the cold alley.
"Maya" a voice echoed in the alley. Maya sister appeared, and in a flash Maya saw herself getting hugged by her sister "Ella". She stared at her ballet shoes. "you've been doing ballet in the middle of the night again. "Sorry Ella" Maya blinked. Then Maya started laughing. "you are happy" Ella gasped. She hugged Maya in a bone crashing hug. "Guess what Ella" Maya beamed. "I have dreams now and its called...", she grinned, "Ballerina dreams".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!