Leila's Mysterious Trip

Whoosh! Bang! It was a stormy night and the heavy, wooden door was dramatically bashing on Leila's house. Leila suddenly woke up petrifieQ. She carefully walked down the icy, cold stairs. Creeeek! Leila was awfully frightened. She opened the door and guess what she saw standing there peering into her eyes?
Leila had an eerie feeling in her tummy. She could not believe what she saw. Leila thought she felt the tip of an icy, cold finger touch her shoulder. She turned around but there was nothing there. Then she felt a cold, deep breeze touching her fragile skin. It didn't take long before she realised she was falling down a deep, dark, dangerous hole! Where was she going? Leila couldn't even tell if her eyes were open or not.
After a while Leila felt her tiny feet touch the rock hard ground. She heard footsteps tip toeing towards her. All Leila wanted to do was go back to her lovely, relaxing home. There was grey, shimmery smoke surrounding Leila and she still could not see anything. Leila took a few tiny steps back, hoping to not have to fight or get into big trouble.
Leila was surprised all she saw were girls dramatically shouting "Welcome."
"This girl called Isabel said,". "We all get our own unicorns here" ." Although that sounded like fun, Leila didn't believe her and she still wanted to go back to her warm, cozy home. After all it was her birthday tomorrow.
Leila was confidently saying, "I want to go home." Everyone froze. Leila's heart stopped beating. Then Isabel broke the silence. She stammered saying, "You want the wishing gem?"
What's the wishing gem Leila asked herself, not saying a word.
Well Isabel gladly answered her question, "The wishing gem is a gem that reads your mind and takes you to the magical place you want to go to."
"Wow!" Leila said. "I really need that gem!"
"Not so fast!" shouted Isabel, "Our headteacher Ms Sparkles doesn't let anyone touch it, not even the responsible teachers."
"Well, I am still going anyway!"Leila insisted.
"Well I better come with you," said Isabel excitedly.
The two snuck into the dusty old office and Leila took the cold purple gem and held it tight. She would really miss Isabel but she had to go back home. She gave Isabel one last squeezy hug to say goodbye and then she was magically back home in her comfortable, soft bed. "Home sweet home," she whispered to herself as she drifted back to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!