Reflection

You stood there before me.
You mocked me, copied me, judged me
You mimicked my every move, every blink trying to do the simplest things in life better.
You knew I was already broken, shattered at your feet.
You did it to tease, to drown me in my own tsunami of tears.
You threw me to the wolves in my time of need, my time in the dark.
You blocked the light, trapped me in my own abyss.
You took the light away from me, swarmed me, enveloped me in cascading black.
You laughed as I struggled to the light switch.
You should’ve been there to pick up the pieces, no one else could do it better.
You stabbed me with my own debris.
You let me fear the future, hate the present and regret the past.
You should have been the one who showed me the positive, instead you hurled the negative with all your power.
You knew I would swing, I’d miss.
You have power, you’re the menacing shark to my innocent seal.
You tweak my happiness, my strength, my light bulb has shattered.
Yes they pushed, they shoved but you fell. You kept falling. You could’ve grabbed the branches, stopped it.
You tore my hand away. Let me fall down.
You’re me. My doppelgänger, though what we resemble on the outside, we differ on the inside.
My reflection.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!