Fatal Escape

Sharp sand rips across her cheeks as she slowly drags herself across the rough dirt calling for her lost brother. She carefully places her badly cut legs on a large rock in the middle of the foggy desert.
Milly’s eyes slowly close.
Eventually coming to her senses, Milly finds herself back at the dungeon. Lost in thought, the guard return’s with a badly beaten up body. The guard slams the door open and shoves the body in the sell where Milly was. She looks down to see a child.
“Nate is that you?”
No answer. She gave Nate a big hug than backed off as he started to cry in pain. Milly asked where he went after they escaped, but no reply. All through the night Nate cried getting more intense as the night wore on. The next morning the cells where as quiet as a mouse.
As Milly woke up, Nate was shoving his mouth with apple pie. The only good thing around here is the food, she thought to herself. Out of nowhere Nate started choking on something. Nate‘s cough sent a key flying out of his mouth. He crawled to the key picking it up and throwing it to Milly
“A key? What’s that doing in a pie?”
Poking the key in the lock I twisted the key and slowly opened the door with minimum effort. Nate and I slowly crept out the door.
He shrugged his shoulders frightened about what might be around each and every turn. We headed to the guards office but surprisingly, no one was there.
“Nate something doesn’t seem right.
“Yes you’re right it smells fishy in here”
Milly picked up a bat off the ground. It was very messy, the walls were splattered with gun powder and the weapons were everywhere, like someone was in a rush. We continued up the chambers to the only exit. The Throne room.
“Something is so not right Nate”
“Just hurry and get out of here, I bet l’ll beat you out”
As they run out past the gate of the throne room, it slamed shut making a loud thump. Guards started swarming in a circle from the exit. The last person to come out was King Arin.
“Hallo children”
Thoughts were rushing through Milly’s mind. Everything makes sense now, they purposely put the key in the pie so they could get the kill order from the public.
“I really don’t want to do this” said King Arin
The King, barely able to say anything, raised his hand out flat in the air, then he quickly clamped the hand. All men hooted there cross bows. All the arrows prised through Sam’s and Milly’s skin. They fell to the ground head first.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!