Elena Langham And Charli

“Creeeeeeeeeeeeeek,” Charli’s door opens.
“Hello anyone there?” Charli Mutters petrified.
There was no answer. She climbs down the fluffy staired ladder, creeps out to the lounge, cuddles up on the couch. “Woooosshhhhhh!” a gust of wind passes her like a human body. She sprints to her parents room. They’re still asleep, Dixie is sleeping in her cot. She tiptoes to the end of the bed, sneaks into the middle of her parents and snuggles in close to them, imagining what it could have been.

She could not help but think about that human-like figure she felt go past that morning. She began to wonder what it could be. After what seemed like hours of daydreaming, Charli decided that the figure must have been a ghost “what else could it have possibly been?” She thought to herself. The realization started to worry her, she was so scared of the ghost that she couldn't get enough confidence to even go to the toilet. She had to make a plan.

When she got home not a thought in Charli's mind about the ghost until nightfall. She started to think of some ways she might be able to communicate with the ghost and hopefully get it to leave her alone. She decided she would try writing a letter with a pen to see if there really was a ghost.

Hi if you are reading this and you are a ghost I would like to know if you are nice and why you live in my house and what your name is.
From Charli

In the morning someone had answered to the letter.

Hi my name is Elena Langham
I lived in this house before you and I died here from the bathroom roof falling on me. I was buried without my favorite diamond necklace I got when I turned 12. If you can find it and give it to me I will put it on and I will go away, I remember putting in my special cabinet in the bathroom the day of the accident.
From Elena Langham

After Charli saw that note the ghost wrote she started scrambling around the bathroom trying to find the necklace so the ghost will go away.

After 1 week of looking for the necklace, Charli found it, all she had to do was push the wall down close to the ground and it would open to a small cabinet where the necklace sat.

So that night Charli wrote another note with the necklace sitting on the side of the paper.

Hi Elena Langham
Here is your necklace, I hope you are happy and you can find your peace.
From Charli

It's been 6 months since the ghost got her necklace back and Charli has had no sight of Elena. Right now Charli is using the small special cabinet to store all of her precious jewelry and she will always make sure to not make the same mistake that Elena did.
She is now happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!