Sad To Happy

As Moana walked through the main street, she could hear the buzzing noise coming from the AFL ground, and cars zooming past. She could see cheerful families having lunch at the park, and the street lights flickering around. The wind was very cold (as it was winter) and she wanted to go to the movies, because she could smell buttery popcorn over the road.

A moment later, she got a phone call from her mum. Her dad was in hospital and she needed to come home. As soon as Moana got home, her mum got a phone call from the hospital. Suddenly, her mum dropped the phone and started crying. Moana, Hayley, Skyla, Jack, Bonnie, and Riley kept asking their mum, “What happened, what happened?!” desperately begging to know. “Your, your fathers dead!” their mum sadly replied. “Oh, no, what are we going to do now?!” Hayley cried.

The Next Day…..
All of this family was very miserable in the morning. Moana’s mum said “I have to go out somewhere,” so Moana had to look after everyone (as she was the eldest.) When her mum got back, she said she had a surprise ; so they all followed her. “Mum, where are we going?!” Jack juasked. “Like I told you. Surprise!” All of the children stared in surprise, (still heartbroken by their dad) and they saw a man hugging their mum! “We’re getting married next month, how’s that!?” “WOW MUM!!!,” they all screamed “ You’ve solved our problem for dad!” “BEST DAY EVER!!!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!