New Pet

One sunny day when all the flowers had sprouted Lola was playing in the backyard with her brother Jack. Lola loves animals especially guinea pigs so today she decided to ask her mum and dad if she could get a guinea pig. They said yes then Lola ran back outside and told Jack that they were going to the pet shop.

So Lola got in the car with Jack and waited then Jack said “How come you get a pet and I
don’t”?
Then Lola said “Because I was the one who asked Mum and Dad and you never do and I was the one who asked before you so now I get a pet and you have to wait two years.”

Then Lola’s parents got in the car and started to drive to the pet shop. When they got there Lola ran straight to the guinea pigs very excitedly but Jack was sad because he didn’t get a pet. It was white with brown spots on it.

Then Lola ran back to her Mum and Dad and said, “I found the one that I want.”
So she showed her parents the one that she wanted and they said yes so they bought it and went home.

When they got home they put the new guinea pig in the cage.Then Lola's Mum And Dad said, “Do you know what you are going to name it then?”
Lola said, “Can I wait till to tomorrow to name it?” They said yes but Jack was up on the veranda with his arms crossed madly because he didn't get a pet.

The next day Zoe went up to her Mums and Dads bedroom and said “I now know what I am going to name my guinea pig Zoe said excitedly “What is it honey?”her Mum said tired “GIGI” Zoe yelled “okay well go feed Gigi then” her Mum said.

Zoe ran out to go see Gigi and feed her. When Zoe got to Gigi she got her out of the cage and hugged her really tight. Then she put her back and got her some food.

Then Jack came out and said, “Can I have a hold of Gigi?” and Zoe said “of course you can and we can share the pet.”
“YAY,” Jack shouted and the rest of their day was amazing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!