Kidnapped

HELP’ I yell as I get roughly rocked to the other side of the car boot. My voice is getting squeaky, my body drenched in sweat, my head is about to explode. How do I get out of this disastrous situation?
‘Come on, Claire’ calls my rich movie star mum from the kitchen ‘your toast is getting cold!’
‘Ok’ I reply as the fresh aroma of jam toast wafts into my bedroom. I scramble down the hall to the kitchen but as soon as I step into the kitchen I hear an excruciating scream from outside.
‘AAAAAHHHHHH’ I spin around to see, my mum stabbed in the upper arm, blood splattered against the windows. My mum shrivelling in agony, on our now bloodstained grass. Two muscly men dressed in black enter our house, one of them is holding a bloody knife. I slowly but quickly scatter upstairs, my heart pounding out of my chest. Where do I go? ‘Check upstairs for the girl’ says one of them in a deep voice ‘and bring her back…… alive’. Heavy footsteps climb up the staircase. I hide behind a door, the man’s footsteps beating with the beat of my heat. THUMP! THUMP!
He enters the room.
I’m as still as a paralysed rock.
He checks behind the door.
THUD!!!!!

I awake, drenched in sweat. Last thing I remembered was getting the biggest punch of my life in my head. I touch my head, it’s drenched in blood, I feel light headed. I can hear the two men talking their voices are muffled. The only light I have is the one on top of the car boot, it keeps flickering.
The men have tied my feet together.
They forgot to tie my hands.
‘Idiots’ I murmur.
I look around the boot it is empty except for a bag.
I quietly unzip the bag, feeling something bad will happen at any moment.
Nothing happens.
The first thing that catches my eye in the bag is a bloody knife. The one they used to stab my mother.
Tears trickle down my cheek.
I keep looking in the bag. I only find a golden watch; they must be robbers too’ I think to myself. If I only I had a bobby pin, so I could pick the lock on the boot. Wait! There’s a clip on the watch I can use it to pick the boot’s lock.
I start fidgeting with the lock.
DING! The car boot swings open revealing fresh air.
All I have to do now is-
‘OI’ yells one of the men in alarm.
UH OH!
The car stops abruptly. I pick up the knife my mum was stabbed with.
The two men approach the back of the car.
One of them grabs my foot.
I hold the knife high, shut my eyes an-
‘AAAAAHHHHHHHH’ the two men shout in agony.
I open my eyes to reveal the two men lying on the ground, one of them has the knife that I threw stabbed in his arm, the other is staggering to the ground, he is surrounded with armed… police officers?
This is all too much… wasn’t I stuck in a boot….. how are there police officers?
I faint, my limp body dropping to the ground like a tennis ball.
**********
My eyes flicker open as I adjust to my new surroundings. I am lying in a bed, the warm sheets feel like clouds against my legs. I am connected to a machine. I am in a hospital… just as I am about to go back to sleep I notice a woman sitting next to me. She has a bandage on her arm. Is that… Mum? I sit bolt up right and wrap my arms around her warm body.
‘You are alright gorgeous girl’ she whispers into my ear ‘you’re safe now’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!