Lessons Learnt With A Fractured Finger

Hi everyone I'm Zoe, I'm a sporty and funny girl, I am also clumsy and crazy. In January 2020 I fractured my finger, now let me tell you one thing - don't go having bike races in the middle of your camping trip! Here's how I fractured my finger, I was racing my cousins at our camping site and I saw a speed bump so I thought 'what will happen if I go full speed over it' ? So I tried! While I was going over it I slid to the side a little bit and then I went flying in the air.CRACK. Now I'm going to tell you the lessons learned about fracturing a finger.

Lesson 1
You can't go swimming on the holidays (BAD)

The bad thing about having a fractured finger (whole hand in plaster) is not being able to go swimming. I love going swimming at the pools but last holidays I couldn't. At my cousins birthday I was upset because everyone was in the pool except me. The only thing that I did was sit on the trampoline. It was pretty boring waiting for them to get out but the best thing was when they got out it was dessert time and I could eat dessert before them because they all had to dry off.

Lesson 2
Learning how to play down-ball with the other hand (GOOD)

When I get to school everyday I play down-ball, at school it's very competitive, I now have a special move that I can do to trick my friends. As I had to play with my left hand for a while I know how to play with both hands so if they try to hit the ball on my bad side I can still dodge it and get them out.

Lesson 3
Getting out of chores at home (GOOD?)

While not doing chores I can do what I like to do Play PS4 (no - can't do) and play basketball (no - can't do)
I sort of liked having a fractured finger because I didn't have to do my chores, I could just relax and do what I like to do but I couldn't. I couldn't hold the PS4 remote and I couldn't hold the basketball. So all I did was sit on my bed or kick the soccer ball. It was ok when I got to school because I didn't really need to do that much work, most of the work was writing I could write with my left hand, but it was very, very messy which annoyed me!

And that's the story of me, my fractured finger and all the lessons I've learnt. Although there were some benefits next time I will think twice before doing something stupid !

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!