The Flower Thief

There once was a girl called Maddy who loved gardening. On Spring Maddy wanted to plant a whole heap of flowers. When Maddy went to the shop there were no seeds so Maddy went to ask the shop keeper when the flower seeds were next coming in and he said in 14 days. So, she went to a different Garden store and she got so many kinds of flower seeds she got roses, kangaroo paw, calla lily, jasmine and so many more seeds. When she got home, she started gardening straight away. Maddy would water her plants every 2 hours to try make them grow faster. A week had passed and when Maddy went outside to water her plants for the first time that day she was shocked. What Maddy saw was devastating. Maddy’s flower seedlings had drowned in water because Maddy watered them to often. So Maddy had to go to the shops and get the flower seeds again so she went to the shop she went to last time but there were no flower seeds so Maddy had to drive around for 2 long hours to find some more flower seeds. When Maddy got home with the new flower seeds she rushed outside to get started and Maddy did not believe what she was seeing the sun had soaked up all the water and her flowers were growing. Then Maddy thought what she will do with her extra flower seeds. Then she had a great idea she could sell her flowers once they have bloomed so she could make some money to buy more flower seeds. A month had passed and Maddy’s flowers had bloomed Maddy thought her flowers look stunning. So, she made signs to tell everyone she was selling beautiful flowers. The next morning Maddy went outside and the flowers were gone. Over night a flower thief had stolen her flowers so Maddy told the cops. The cops knew exactly who it was, it was flower thief Finn. So, the cops hunted Finn down and when they found him, they realized it wasn’t him. So, they went back to the police station where Maddy was waiting and told her the bad news. Maddy was so upset then the police got a call from Maddy’s neighbor Ellie she knew exactly who stole Maddy’s flowers it was the robber Hungry Harry. Maddy thanked her neighbor Ellie for saving the day. So the police hunted Hungry Harry down and forced him to give back the flowers that he stole but he had eaten half of all Maddy’s flowers, so he got fined $2,000. He had to give that money to Maddy. Then Maddy said “Don’t forget about my flowers" so Harry gave Maddy the other half of her flowers back and Harry was arrested for 2 years and he never stole anything and ate it ever again. The next day everyone wanted to buy Maddy’s flowers at her flower stall she was extremely proud of herself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!