Heart Strings

I heard the guns, man screaming for help and then it happened.

"Riley please don't go!"
" Elizabeth I must go," I continued and made a promised to her but it was more then what i might not be able to give, " I will be back, I promise."
"I hope that promise is strong." said Elizabeth trying to hold back her tears.

The whistle blew for the train, I quickly hopped on the train and headed to war.
I never thought I would be taking the Sunday train to war not at 18 but its what I had to do. I had to fight for my family, but for my wife too.

It took 3 days to get to my base. I wrote many of letter's to my family and wife. I told them how hard the training was and how strict they were. Day's went by and more letter's got sent.

"It's time" The combat continued, "pack your bags and get ready to go to war boy's."
I gulped at the thought.

Me and some other boy's dug a trench. After time war began. There bombs and guns but there were more dead men then bullets.

I stayed low in my trench and didn't move. I heard guns and men screaming for help and then it happened. I ran out of my trench to save a young man who was shot but I had got shot myself. Letters got sent to my family and wife saying I wasn't coming home, then tears fell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!