BANG BANG BANG!!!

BANG BANG BANG!!! “DAAAAAAD.” It was all coming back to him. The night. The shooting. The horrifying death of Bens Dad. Ben often tried to drown out the thought of his dads devastating death by going to concerts of sticky fingers, skeggs, gang of youths and more with his mates but the memories still came back. Even his favourite thing to do on a weekend which is skating couldn’t make him forget. No matter what he did that’s all he could think about. Ben always wore the same New York Yankees polo and beige coloured chicago bulls hat. He had a big silver buckle on the belt he used to hold up his black ripped jeans. Sticky fingers was playing his favourite song, cyclone, when he decided to leave the concert. He had no idea why, he just felt like it.A big black cat ran across the little ally way ben was walking down as he left the concert. “UGGHHH” ben said in frustration as he stood in a puddle of mud in his Travis Scotts; he needed a new pair of shoes anyway, he had those for about three years. The cool, night breeze blew against Bens face as the sound of traffic drowned out the music from the concert the further away he got. After a half hour train ride, Ben was soon home and he went to bed. His Mum was already asleep soon as she has two shifts a day and has to get up at 4 am even on a Christmas. As the smoke rose out of the chimney next door Ben stared out his window at the moon resting above the horizon, wondering what his life would be like if his dad was still alive. He decided to get out of bed and rest on the hand railing on his varranda. They branches of the palm trees swayed along the sunshine coast as the water glimmered in the night.“Damn, another Monday. Here we go again,” Ben cussed under his breath as he laid in his bed on top of his blanket. Ben got dressed and brought his bike out and started to ride to school. A car screeched around the corner speeding away from cops. RATATATA!!! WHOOOOWHOOOOWHOO!!! “Crap!” Ben screamed “ it’s a shooting.” The cops were trailing behind the car as it sped up near Ben.RATATA! Men in blue ambulance outfits surrounded Ben as he opened his eyes. He was shot. Blood poured out of his stomach where the bullet had hit. ‘Was this it,’ he thought, ‘Am I going to die.’ His whole vision was fading to white. This was it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!