Dark Magic

at the library in manly with many books, I stumbled across a book called 'Dark Magic' it was in the nonfiction section left on a shelf on its side. I thought that a random person read it then finished it and left it there. then my mum called out to me "look for a book to take home Charlotte!" Then there was a voice what shouted "shush!"

"sorry" mum said sadly.



I walked up to the librarian and asked if I could borrow the book, the librarian searched 'Dark Magic' on her computer, then she said "we don’t have a book called Dark Magic?". Then she said "you can keep the book if you want, if it was ours you could borrow it, but since it's not you can keep it."



That night I was in my bed and I read the first few pages of it, it said words that didn’t exist. Then I said one of them out loud "Halogow". Just as I finished the word something big and dark black jumped out of the book, then it started shaping its self into a sort of person, then I ran for my bedroom door and screamed for help. The person or thing was still shaping itself into its form, as it finished it walked slowly towards me, l then my door opened and my dad came in with a bat and looking around in my bedroom then came to me and hugged me.



The next day I found myself in a police station being questioned by a detective and a painter, they asked all sorts of questions about

What it looked like, what happened, ext. Evenly the artist drew what I saw or thought I saw. Then they left the room and talked to my parents, "she said she some kind of monster what looked like this." The detective said as he showed them the drawing the painter drew. "she also said that it might have been a character from the book she was reading, a Halogow?" 333



At midday I woke up in my bed, I saw the book next to me and picked it up walked over to my window opened it then I was about to throw it out my window but then I heard a voice in my head what said open me and let me free. So I slowly closed the window and walked to my table in the corner of the room. my bedroom door opened and dad walked in and said "someone wants to talk to you and ask you questions."

"OK" I said



When I arrived down stairs I saw a man. "it’s a pleasure to meet you Charlotte" he said in a nice voice , "can we talk in private" he asked

"Yes "said dad we walked into the lounge room and closed the doors.



"hello, can you keep a secret" said the man

"yes" she said

Then the man said "what you saw was real" and the man walked out of the house and disappeared in the shadows.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!