Video Games

I was jumping up and down with excitement as my dad told me “Quiet down Mia, are you trying to get me electrocuted?” And I stopped jumping before I just continued jumping a foot further. As dad fiddled with wires I was about to explode. Dad was installing the new PS4. I had waited months for dad to get it and finally it was here.
As dad finnish plugging in the last cord. I tried to hold my excitement but I can’t and yell “Is it ready yet?”
Dad just sighs and says in a calm voice. “Yes, Mia it is ready now.” And I squealed in delight. As the screen lights up my eyes do too. As I crossed the room to the controllers I couldn't walk and broke into a skip. As I reached the chargers stations, I saw two controllers. One black, one white. I grabbed the black one and walked to the TV.
As dad put the disc in, I sat calmly and placed my hands on the controller. With my middle fingers on R2 and L2 and my pointer fingers on R1 and L1. My left hand thumb on the joystick and my right hand thumb on the x, o, triangle and square button.
As the screen started to load, I felt the excitement rush through my veins. As I clicked the user and entered my name the screen loaded and went onto the game. Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham.
As the screen went to the home page. I sat there dead still like I thought if I’d move it would break the TV. As I went through the settings my heart sang with joy. As we finished up it went to the video and I squealed with joy and excitement.
I spent hours there. Each day feeling that I would one day beat it. Then when I did, I went onto the next game. I became obsessed with video games. And that is how I came to be a gamer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!