Teleported To1939

Excellence Award in the 'The Inside Story 2020' competition

Blake was playing his Wii when the console turned black and generated a portal that looked like a swirling circle of shadows. He went closer to the portal when Lucy his dog bolted past and he tripped over her and fell into the portal.
On the other side of the portal it was night, from the lights on the sides of the dirt road Blake could see a warehouse. He walked towards the warehouse because something moved inside it, he was imagining a gargantuan thorny devil or humungous dingos.
But it was a plane! He ran towards a nearby rock and scrambled up it but his shirt got caught on the plane's wing as it was going past and he was pulled along with the plane. The plane was starting to take off, he had to get inside. Blake grabbed the top of the wing and pulled. From there he grabbed onto a ridge, Blake pulled himself and with his body against the metal. He went to the door and opened it from the outside and flung himself in.
When the medics saw him they said. "What are you doing kid? Are you crazy?"
Blake replied "My shirt got caught on the wing."
"Do you want to fly the plane? We don't have a pilot."
Blake said "yes." He was flying the plane when the plane's engine blew up! It was then that they realised that they were heading towards the top of a rocky canyon. Blake bailed out and plunged into a billabong.
The explosion sounded out echoing off the walls of the canyon, and the flames of the explosion illuminated the canyon in brilliant colours of yellow and orange.
Blake stumbled around the bush, when he heard a gunshot and a bullet hit the ground, a centimetre from his feet. He saw Ned Kelly in his bulletproof armour standing against the dull grey sky with a shotgun in his hands. He charged at Blake.
Blake replied. "What are you doing here this isn't 1880?"
Ned Kelly replied "Who cares."
He charged firing his shotgun! Blake raced across the rocky, dusty ground, stones tearing at his feet when one of Ned Kelly's bullets skimmed his arm leaving a long bloody scratch along his arm. He looked back to see where he was but surprisingly he wasn't there.
Crash! Whump! Ned Kelly was behind him and had jumped on him sending him crashing to the ground.
Ned Kelly said "I'm going to kill you."
Blake's reply was "Actually your aiming sucks, so no you're not."
Ned Kelly got really angry and shot. But his aiming sucked so he missed. Blake rolled out of the way and kicked his legs out from under him then he ran away across the desert sand but he came to a cliff and Ned Kelly was behind him. He tripped and fell off the cliff but as he was tumbling down the portal appeared and he was saved.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!