Trapped

Excellence Award in the 'The Inside Story 2020' competition

I close the book and look at the front cover before putting it on the old wooden table. I grab my backpack and put my laptop, phone, my lunchbox, and of course, the book inside, I zip it up and head towards the door. I turn the key and place it back in my pocket I grab the door handle and pull it open to see the old lift and the other apartments around me I step out and close the door behind me before locking it. I walk towards the lift and press the button as it rattles up, the door opens slowly as I hop in and we go down.

We reach the bottom floor as the doors blast open to reveal a whole new world, bright colors everywhere and animals running free, trees all around and rivers flowing, it was beautiful. It was similar to the book. I wanted to stay but I had to get to school. I take one last look and turn around to get back in the lift but it’s not there instead there was a colorful wall, well I knew I wasn’t getting out of here if I was going that way. I walked further into the land towards the river, there were no buildings anywhere I run and run and run until I reach a drop, I steady myself before I fall. I look down It was a long drop but I could see buildings down there I was desperate to go down but I could risk anything if I did. I scanned below me to see if there were any other people or anything familiar but there wasn’t. I turned and walked to see if there was another way down but I saw nothing.

There had to be a way down, I was sure of it, I looked for hours but saw nothing I made my way back to the entrance. I sat down on the floor exhausted. I close my eyes for a while but when I open them I see something, it wasn’t there before, I swear, it was an old wooden door with vines tangled around it. I run towards the door and I step in, not wasting a minute, it could disappear if I wasn’t fast enough. The door leads me into a tunnel I walk downhill, the tunnel went on and on for ages as my heartbeat quickly and I had to feel my way around since there was no light in the dark tunnel.

I tried to pick my speed up to get to the other side quicker. I finally reach another door I quickly open it and step out, I’m down the drop, this is where I was looking before. I run towards one of the buildings and knock on the door, no reply, I knock harder, no reply I run to the next house and knock, no reply. I continue knocking on every house and every building but there was no luck of getting out of here. As everything goes quiet aga
in my luck and hope disappear.

I was trapped.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!