Violet Dragonet In Hollowcot

Hollowcot
Violet Dragonet has always been an unhappy girl, because she was born with a chunk of white hair, right through the middle of her very dark black head of hair.
As she grew older she was blamed for everything from hailstorms to heart attacks and she has always been filled with the fear that her hair is a curse - and that maybe others could catch her bad luck.
Violet couldn’t escape the feeling that she didn’t belong. Then on the day of her 12th birthday, her fate changed. A strange note arrived, addressed to her:
“You may feel happy ,
That you can take a few chances , But you wont understand
The circumstances”
Violet thought of what this might mean. Could it be a letter from the cryptic and nasty Hollowpox? That night, after she had gone to bed there came a magical lady called Crystal who took Violet to a
fantastic world called Hollowcot where anything could happen.
On her entry into the world of Hollowcot, Violet went past all the Hollowcotian people and noticed that night fell like a blanket over their skin creating a sense of warmth for Violet. Maybe she finally belonged.
Suddenly the clock struck midnight and blood sucking vampire dwarfs sprinted off the buildings, from hidden corners and Violet’s nightmares started coming to life.
If Violet is to stop dreaming these eerie things then Hollowcot will go back to normal. Maybe she would even wake up in her bed at home!
So Violet did just that. As quickly as they had jumped out, the Vampires disappeared. She was still in Hollowcot, however.
Winter came and a gale passed by, Hollowcot grew cold, and Violet was depressed. Next was the snow which would bring white frost come to the mind, she soon forgot about the note from the Hollowpox.
The next day,Violet awoke to a blood curdling scream. Crystal heard this too. They threw on their clothes and ran down the stairs to see blood sucking giants coming their way.
Violet had to use her knowledge from the mysterious note to change the course of the future. She imagined the giants were just gigantic puppets hanging from the chandelier.
Violet imagined she might never get home, but she was happy that by controlling her dreams we would never see anything scary ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!