Bad badminton



Hi I am Alex the first day of school we went to an excursion at the Badminton Boogie Stadium. We got to have a day of playing senior Badminton it was the coolest first day of school ever. Two weeks later I decided to join the Badminton Boogie club. So the next day when I went to school I filled in the sports form and circled Badminton , I couldn’t wait.

When dad heard that I was doing badminton he went mad , I felt bad. So that night I went to play badminton I Introduced myself to everyone and when I turned around with my own eyes I saw Leyton Hewitt with Bec Cartwright they were on my team I was so excited. I didn’t Know that Leyton played Badminton to practice for tennis. I had so many questions it was so cool. It was the best time of my life my best moment.

As the week went I was getting worse and worse so I decided to quit what else could I do so I just did it I quit. But I had a chance to go back in. When mum heard she went crazy she yelled , “ It cost me $20.00 for you to join the Badminton club, I said “ so I am hopeless I needed to find another sport”. But just in case I practiced at home. But I went too rough and the shuttle hit me in the eye.

Leyton came to visit me in hospital I said to him I needed another sport because I suck at Badminton and everyone knew it. A few minutes later leyton said, “how about I give you same lesson”. Then Bec came in and said , “that is a good idea”. I thought my problem had final gone to heaven. I said, “ when can I start and Bec said , “As soon as you get out of here I agreed.

So two weeks later I was better than leyton but one day I broke a mirror and this meant that I had bad luck.
This was just what I needed , bad luck.
So the next day when I went to Badminton I spotted the new girl that moved in over the road from me yesterday. Her name was Nicole she is kind of hot but you’re just going to pretend that you didn’t hear that. She was good at Basketball and Badminton. That night when I went to play badminton I didn’t win any games I thought this was bad luck but lucky I only broke the corner of the mirror.

I went to Nicole’s house to ask her if she could give me some training. She said in the most sweetest voice of course I will give you some training. Would you like to start today

(she didn’t know that I was there because I was in love with her.)

When we finished training I went home. Leyton was there and he was talking to mum. He said something about a special surprise for me. I ran into my room thinking what it could be.

The next day when I went to school Miss Bendy said that we are having a new student and I knew it was Nicole , It was, She got to sit next to me I am definitely in love.

When I got home Nicole was at my house. Mum and dad came out they looked sad then leyton came out holding four plane ticket then they all said surprise. They were happy Nicole said in her sweet voice “leyton got four ticket for him , Bec you and I to go to America so we could play Badminton up there I was surprised .Well that is my story I had a lovely time in America I am now Nicole’s boyfriend and I only lost five games. That was my Bad Badminton story.

By Natasha Pitchford

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!