Rainy Days

A bright beam shoots through the glass pane of my window. It disappears as fast as it appeared as the sound of rain followed behind. It's finally here I think to myself. It's finally here. And then it starts pouring down. I have a feel of the window and its icy cold. Almost as cold as winter.

I run outside with excitement as the rain falls to the ground as fast as lightning strikes. The ring of the white cockatoos screeching to find shelter is barely heard as the sound of rain takes over everything. It looked like a big piece of clear glass was falling from the sky. My mum and Dad reassure me that we won't be feeding again for a long time.

The leaves from the massive gum trees are falling to the muddy ground from the pressure of the rain. It's not that long and the clouds have already covered the sky like a blanket as far as the eye can see. All the old machinery shows their true colors as the rain washes all the dust off.

I speed out into the rain. It feels like little tiny icicles are covering my face. It brings back a lot of memories from years ago when we had gotten our last rain. And even to when we had the flood in 2012. I touch the silver fence and my hands almost freeze to it.

I watch as the rain stops. I have a good look out my window and can see the murky puddles formed everywhere from the rain. It almost looks like a tone of mini swimming pools. The dogs bolt from under the house out into the puddles for a bath. Seeing them having fun brings an unexplainable joy to my body. The loud croak of the frogs is barely heard.

It was a good day...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!