Back In Time

Bang! I rushed outside to see what happened. There was a gigantic black hole!!! I walked a little closer but before I could move an inch I was being sucked into the time divide but I managed to grab something. I'm not sure what it is but it kind of hurt my hand and then I realised what it was. It was a cactus! AAAAH H H H H H H H H H H H H ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I spent the next half-an-hour pulling all the spines out of my hand. I wasted so much time it was almost dark. I started to walk but I wasn't sure which way to go, then I saw a few little houses in the distance. I realised it was the Telegraph Station but it was 112 years old (well it was brand new at the time) and then I realised I had gone back in time.
I sprinted to the station but before I could go anywhere I had to blend in. I dropped to the ground not knowing what else to do and rolled around in the dirt. I undid my hair and scuffed it around in hope I wouldn't be seen or at least attract too much attention.
There was a small piece of paper flying around so I grabbed it. It was a newspaper and it said there was a time machine in Melbourne. As soon as I heard I knew what I had to do. So I tried to think, plan.
OK. I'll wait till dark then I'll sneak in, then I'll grab some supplies and a horse, then I'll ride it to Melbourne. How hard could it be?
Turns out it's very hard, but I did seem to find a horse with a carriage attached to it but the horse was kind of slow or maybe it was just me?
It was definitely me because within 2 days we were there. It usually takes 3-4 days. We were just in time because when I got there my horse dropped dead!!! So I rushed to the city in sorrow.
When I got to the main part of the city I overheard some people talking about the museum where the time machine was being held. They said it was called the Mega Museum of Central Australia [MMCA].
After I started to look around I saw the museum. It had a big banner that said
'New time machine - second story COME TODAY!'
Yes! I was about to go home! I ran into the big building and rushed up the stairs I jumped into the display stand and was caught by the security guards so I had to do it all again but this time I had to do it a little quieter. Shh!
Ok here I am again second story but there are no security guards in sight. This is it! I'm going home! For real this time! Then I quickly stepped into the display stand and I pressed the big red button and I was on my way home!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!