Teleported Back In Time

Hi I'm Alice, I've got blonde hair and I love to read books. My best friend is Matilda. We are both Runges and we are always getting bossed around by the angry Head Master.
The Head Master is always angry and has the nicest clothes compared to us. Ours are really run down and we don't have time to wash our clothes because we are always too busy washing those of other people.
There are many other kids where we live but they're five and six. We are not allowed to play with them because we are both ten. They are always having so much more fun than us.
One morning when Alice and Matilda got up and started to wash clothes as normal, the bucket of water started to shake. Alice and Matilda saw a message written in the bucket of washing water telling them they were allowed to take one item. Alice and Matilda were scared. They told each other to meet back at the bucket of water after they had gotten their objects. When Alice came back with her object, which was one of her favourite books, Matilda wasn't there. Then Alice got sucked into the bucket of water.
"HELP MATILDA HELP! WHERE ARE YOU?"
Alice got sucked back in time to 1908. Everything was different. Alice was there for days, weeks and months. Then one day Alice was reading her book. Alice dropped the book and when she went to pick it up a note fell out of it. It was a code to get back to the Telegraph Station.
In the middle of the night she snuck over to the where they wash clothes. The note said to jump into the bucket of washing water and spin around 20 times to get back to the Telegraph Station. Alice was hoping that this would work but Alice couldn't be sure.
Alice started to spin around 20 times while counting 1,2,3,4 puff, puff, puff 6,7,8,9 I'm getting very
tired 18, 19, 20! Alice shouted but it didn't work so Alice tried again and again and again but it just would not work. Alice read the note once more and turned it over and it said you needed to add your best friend's age to the 20.
So Alice thought MATILDA right away. Matildas 10 years old so 10+20=30. "I need to spin around 30 times in the bucket of washing water," said Alice but it didn't work. Then Alice remembered that today was Matilda's birthday So 30+1=311 need to spin around 31 times to get back to the Telegraph Station, fingers crossed this works cried Alice.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 this is hard 13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 only 11 more to go I'm getting really, really dizzy 27,28,29,30,31 DONE Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo Ow YAY! I'm back I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
"Matilda," Alice yelled. "Alice." Matilda yelled.
"I'm sorry I missed your birthday party," said Alice "It's okay." Said Matilda.
"I saved a piece of cake for you Alice."
"Thanks Matilda you're a good friend."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!