Maggie's Greatest Adventure

Waves hurtled against the jagged rocks as the frosty chill of the rugged mountains was biting Maggie’s ice, cold cheeks. As grey clouds tumbled upon the snowy glacier, the sound of owls hooting made the gloomy mist more frightening. The daring search in the unforgiving wilderness continued as she stomped along the dripping glacier. Dew dropped from snow bushes and engulfed the area with a green sense of gloominess.

Maggie's hair swayed in the cool, crisp air as her golden eyes beamed out to the horizon. Maggie’s eyes shone like diamonds in the winter snow. Her lilac lips shivered in the white and bitter snow as the frostbites on her toes grew larger and larger. Maggie's lifelong dream was to find the lost treasure of Atlantis. The sound of the words, ”Always have an escape plan” echoed in her head, The words Maggie's great-grandmother had repeated to her for 5 years. Five years of mystery ,five years of waiting, five of the best years of Maggie's life.

Storm clouds grew as the risky search continued. Maggie had come so far now there was no room for any errors, her lifelong quest wouldn’t stop now not after how hard she had worked to be standing right there on that very glacier. This was her time to do what she does best…
Climb until she can’t climb any more,Walk until she cant walk any more and...work as hard as she can to get the lost treasure. Maggie Stone will reach the highest mountains, crawl on the roughest ground and she will find the hidden treasure ICEBERG!

Pelting snow became a life-threatening blizzard as the presence of the blistering winds became stronger and stronger…
Her pale face made the polar snow look like an understatement. Trembling at the sight of multiple grey clouds may as well have been a sign of certain death. Maggie's diamond eyes were darting around in every direction like a balloon deflating. The wind started to tremble as the colossal glacier began to quiver and stutter. Soon enough, it was collapsing like a spoon digging into an apple crumble. The world was drifting away from the grasp of her numb hands, Maggie had to do something.
Anything...





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!