Leave Me Alone

“Leave me alone!” I shouted. It was all I thought I wanted. I closed my eyes and opened them back up to see darkness. I was shocked to say the least, I asked in confusion “Is anyone there? Hello?”
“They did as you asked.” The voice said. “They left you all alone.”
But why, I thought. Don’t they want to help me, I thought they cared.
“Trust me, they don’t. Why would they with a spoiled brat like you. Look at yourself. Your crying over yourself, you’re crying over nothing. Or at least nothing worth of value.” It snickered.
“H..How’d you know what I thought?” I asked him because I was scared. It was in my head.
“Does it matter, after all, you’re not scared of me. You’re scared of what I can make you do.” It whispered in my left ear.
“Don’t listen to him, a curse. Just listen to me and I’ll make the voices go away.” They spoke.
“How can I trust either of you, I don’t know what you both are.”
“His a nightmare.” They screamed. All they wanted to do was save me from his ways.
“I am you, all I want to do is make you feel better, they just want to drag you down.” He snarled.
“Your right, I can feel it. You just want to make me happy.” I said in a soft-spoken voice.
“It’s not true, look at your arms, it’s because of him.” I looked at my arms. It was so quite that you could hear the drops of my blood slowly drip onto the ground.
“You can’t trust them. There the real reason you did this. I did it to help you cope with all of your sadness brought on by them.” He had such a way with words, I just couldn’t go against his wishes no matter what. He deceived me every step of the way.
“Listen, there’s only one way out of this. It’s your only escape from them.” I looked over and saw rope laying there. The other voice, they were gone. “This is your only chance to escape them. Take it before they come back and stop you.”
I threw the rope up and tied it to the ceiling. “Remember, all the things they have said about you, they’ve never really wanted you. You’re a nuisance to them. Everyone will be better off when your gone.” I grabbed a chair from our table, and as he said I “just let go.”
I could finally see it; I could see the deserve and what it had made me do. I saw my deceiver hanging in the mirror, smiling through tears. As it all started to fade to black, I heard a car pull up. Then, a single shriek.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!