Hazel’s Snowy Adventurer

Knock Knock! Hazel heard a knock on the door, she wasn’t expecting any one! (mainly because she was in the middle of Antarctica exploring for new animals) “Who is it”? Hazel called out. But no one answered, there wasn’t a sound but a tiny little bark! Hazel was confused so she walked through her tiny house and opened the door...

She was surprised to see an adorable little seal sitting right there on her doorstep. Hazel didn’t know what to do she picked up the little fluff-ball and took him inside to keep him warm. Hazel really adored the seal and named him Alexander! She knew she had to let him go but you could she didn’t want to! Sadly the time came to let Alexander go Hazel said goodbye to the adorable seal and set him off. But the seal came back and back and back and was obviously too scared to go! Hazel picked him up and made a big decision, she was going to help Alexander find his family!

The next day she set off to find Alexander’s family she climbed many mountains and swam many seas but she couldn’t find his family anywhere Hazel was concerned that maybe Alexander’s family wasn’t alive! She still had hope, they had to be somewhere! Antartica is a huge place so she knew if they were alive it would be hard to find them but she never thought it would be this hard!

Alexander was obviously dealing with this well but because Hazel is a human so she was becoming very tired and cold and needed a rest. So she set up the tent and fell a sleep with Alexander in her hands very fast! Little did she know that someone was watching her and had been for a while! A boy roughly the same age as Hazel with the name of Josh who actually lives in the Antarctica has been watching Hazel carefully with satisfaction because he doesn’t see humans often.

Hazel woke the next morning and set off for another day of exploring when she finally found a sad looking group of seals she was so happy! But when the seals saw her they must of thought she was trying to hurt Alexander and ran towards her with anger! Hazel quickly dodged the seals and was relieved but that was not it the seals made a sharp turn and circled around her! There was nothing she could do. But suddenly Josh came out of hiding and spying and ran into the circle of seals grabbed Hazel and started talking some sort of weird language! Then Hazel realised that all the seals were understanding and he must of been talking seal. How he could do that was a mystery to Hazel but because he lives in Antarctica it made sense that he could talk to seals. Somehow Josh made the seals move and make a pathway for her. She turned around to Josh and thanked him but all Josh said was “drop the baby seal” Hazel did as she was told and dropped Alexander. She walked through the pathway made for her and started her journey back home.

When she felt something on her shoulder she turned around and it was Josh. She explained to Josh how thankful she was but Josh said something way more interesting.. “ please stay with me here and live in Antarctica with me don’t go back home it’s great here” then he went on and on persuading Hazel to stay and they finally came to an agreement... SHE WAS STAYING! Now she could visit Alexander and explore the whole of Antartica! Years later Josh and Hazel got married and lived happily for the rest of their life’s!
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!