Unbreakable Bond

I was finished, there was no way that dad would agree to buy me a dream Stallion. I couldn’t believe that I was the only 13 year old who still didn’t have a horse. It killed me to think about how much fun I was missing out on. Dad and I had a deal that if I got good grades then he would consider looking into this horse that I was dying for, I have been trying hard, but I still got a...C

I feel like all of this pressure is just making me rush. I can’t cope anymore.
After I came home from school on Friday I wasn’t allowed outside.
When I was my curiosity got the best of me. There he was.
My jaw dropped open, I was speechless, my very own horse. Storm, that’s your name!

The next couple of weeks we trained like dynamite. He was doing so well I could tell that he was trying to impress me. Next Saturday was race day and I had entered Storm. Saturday had come so fast we got ready to leave. I felt butterflies in my stomach. We arrived and unloaded Storm then found our seats, the horses flew out of the barriers like rockets, now it was up to Storm.

I was dreading to know what Storm had come so I closed my eyes. Then I heard the crowd roar. My eyes opened. We had won but as he crossed the line he stumbled. I bolted out of my seat, nothing else mattered as long as he was ok. Tears welled. I jumped over the fence not caring if I got into trouble, Storm was the only one on my mind.

We looked each other in the eye fearing the outcome, his eyes shut. People came sprinting from all different directions. I heard the vet saying “stand back”. I wanted to ask if he was going to be ok but I looked on with trepidation. the answer. I tried to ask but all I heard was a faint whisper.

My mind raced as I watched the vet take Storm away. I wanted to run up to him, reassure him it would be ok, I didn’t have the strength to talk. Thoughts ran through my mind, would he survive? I didn't even want to think about that.

I couldn’t lose Storm, not after mum. We jumped into the car, and sped to the equine clinic. Tears welled again, but I had to stay strong. The vet told me he was going to be alright. She knew how much Storm meant to me.

A week had gone by since the accident and Storm was recovering. Later that day I went up to Storm and told him how sorry I was, “I shouldn’t have pushed you that hard”. Storm rubbed his head on my chest. He’s way of saying it's ok. I was happy to have Storm by my side once again.
WOW what an unbreakable bond!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!