The Flying Kiwi Bird

There once lived a kiwi bird who always wanted to fly. But she couldn't. Since her wings were extremely small, she could barely fly elsewhere at all. Every afternoon, the little kiwi gazes at the birds in the air, wishing that she could be there. Then, one afternoon the little kiwi says as she stares at the sky, “ How lonely it is here. How I long to fly up high.” She watches the sunset, then lets herself relax, then closes her eyes to sleep. Then, early the ne xt morning, little kiwi bird woke up. She 'd hear d that the family who lives near her were going on a hot air balloon holiday. Little kiwi thought she 'd pop on for a lift with them. So she waited until they went. She waited and waited until late that a fternoon, Little Kiwi followed them to the hot air balloon. The little kiwi pecked a tiny hole, then a few more in the basket to make stairs. Then she climbed in. Little Kiwi looked at the view, amazed. She'd never seen such a view before. The hotairbal loon had two levels. One at the top like a mini house and one at the bottom for looking at the view and taking photos. They made the camera extra fancy. When you take a photo that is auto sending strait to your own camera or phone. Little Kiwi loved the ca mera, though she couldn't quite reach it! Like she always does at home, Little kiwi stared at the sky and watched the birds of the night. She saw two baby birds and their parents together, a bunch of mice getting in their mouse hole. Little kiwi looked do wn and felt a wet tear dripping down her fluffy feathers. She missed home. She missed her parents and her little sister. Then slowly, she began to sleep. The next morning she woke up, Little Kiwi got more homeIn her mi sick. She thought and she thought. nd, the little brown kiwi was saying; “Hmm, home or holiday?” in her mind she was answering. “Home.” She climbed the stairs to the up stairs room. She tried to get attention, but nobody seemed to notice. But it looked like the whole WORLD heard her when s he “ SQUAK!!!” That gave lots of attention. The family had to stop their whole trip to get Little Kiwi back home, but they didn't mind. Then finally, everyone was happy, and Little Kiwi said she had enough flying for one day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!