Tears Through Fire

‘’Time to go and see Mrs Danny.’’ said 20 year old Susie.
‘’Alright, I’ll race you.’’ called 18 year old John.

So, Susie and John seized their bikes and raced over to Mrs Danny’s house. When the two got to the front lawn, in the opposite direction the heard loud screams of children yelling for help. Not stopping to see Mrs Danny they pealed as fast as their legs could carry them.
At the end of the street they saw a house on fire! Susie and John took action straight away, Susie dialled on her phone for the fire station. While John ran toward the burning house and Susie followed.

‘’ I can’t get through the front door!’’ yelled John.
‘’Try the side window!’’ called Susie back.

They opened the side window and ran through the burning house. Ducking the flames here and there, and doors that were burning up. Susie and John found three young children and their father in the bedroom. John’s heart was beating fast like a cheetah on the run. But strong confidence grew in him and he ran through the half burning door with Susie right behind him.
Susie grasped young Mary, John grabbed Mathew and their father snatched Tom. All six people ran through the burning house. As they finally got to the side window, they were greeted by a splash of water. The firemen had come!

All was saved but their mother was lost. She was in a room with Mary when the fire started. She risked her life to push Mary out of the room before the door fell in with her trapped inside. Their father was injured but nothing major. That day Susie and John were crown heroes called ‘tears through fire’ they put their lives on the line to save others.

Thank you for all those firefighters and volunteers, who were part on putting out the fires last year. You are heroes to us too!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!