Dawn And Dusk: The Midnight Walkers

“That was the end of the story, and they lived happily ever after” Said the big Mushroom to the little ones, Sally and Kyra. “Okay little ones time to go to sleep” Says the Big Mushroom in a mellow tone of voice, as it was so soft it made the little ones slowly drift away into the realm of dreams.

A wondrous place I must say, the Big Mushroom grabbed his favorite book called ‘Enoki Tales’. He slowly shut his eyes and drifted away into a deep sleep. As the mushroom creatures have drifted and the earth creatures fallen, the moon rises as high as Mount Eucalyptus where all the Yetis wander. The moon shined like the sun with its mystic glow on an old willow tree.

Fireflies flying through the midnight covered sky, the mushroom creatures have fallen alight as well as the earth creatures. As The midnight walkers have awakened, they slowly regain their strength to move their long colored legs. The little ones have awoken from their slumber. A midnight walker has realized they have been seen by two little mushrooms, He runs over there with his long furry legs. He sprinkles sleeping dust over their little heads causing them to fall asleep, an ability that only a midnight walker can wield. The other midnight walkers looked at each-other with confusion in their eyes and a wondrous look on their faces, they were wondering how they awoke so fast. And then they knew, only one type of creature can do that a Dusk…

A Dusk is a powerful creature but one day they all went missing, everyone expects that they died from the boiling sun, you see they only can go out when it's either sunset or sunrise. You might say why people think they died from the boiling sun. Well if they're out in the sun they will melt away because they're basically wax creatures.

The reason they're so powerful is, they can remold each-other if one is almost dead, and they can wake other creatures without touching them, but they're really hard to find when you need them at most.As the sun started rising, all but one of the midnight walkers went home to the old willow tree, the one midnight walker started wondering if a dusk was somewhere nearby, but all they could see was a forest filled with trees... but wait, what's that!

They see a dark glowing figure, and ran as fast as lighting. The midnight walker realized the sun was coming even faster so he ran back to the old willow tree, just in time before the moon was replaced by the sun, but just for a day…

“Until next time I will catch you and ask you why you're still alive” Said the midnight walker. The next night, the midnight walker told the others what he saw but none believed him…

“Oh just you wait” Said the mysterious figure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!