Savannah’s Past

Savannah gazed out into the distance at the forest towering over her little cottage. Anyone that walked into the forest never came out again because it was filled with all sorts of animals, especially dangerous ones like wolves. Her cottage was made out of brown bricks and she had planted some pink roses around it to make it seem a little more cheerful. Surrounding her cottage was a wooden fence which was originally painted green, but now the paint was all chipped of because of the usual storms they had during night.

Savannah used to live in the city which was usually bustling with cars and filled with shops decorated in flashing neon lights and blaring music. She had lived a happy and luxurious life with her husband and two children, Chloe and Zack until tragedy struck.

One day when Savannah was at work, she had gotten a phone call from a hospital staff saying her husband and children had died in a car crash on the way coming back from school. She refused to believe the news but she knew it was true when she arrived home and found the house empty and the car gone.

The funeral was held the following day and many relatives and friends came. After the funeral, Savannah rushed back home weeping. She knew the city wasn’t the right environment to grieve in so, she moved far far away where nobody could visit or see her.

Savannah sat quietly on the chair beside her. It was a rocking chair her husband had bought for her when she had her first baby, Zack. Memories came flooding back. She remembered the times when she played with her children rocking the chair and when they had movie nights they would both snuggle up in the chair together.

Savannah closed her eyes rocking back and forth dreaming of being reunited with her beloved family again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!