Ocean Ripper

“Thud, thud!” My heart felt as if it was going to jump right out of my chest. Two big, armed guards were just about to turn the corner. I had to get out. “Pzzz!” Hang on why is there two armed guards about to discover me? Wanna find out? Me too!

It all started not to long ago. A stranger walking past said “Max you have been chosen to join our spy agency.” And he ran off.
“What!” I thought. My feet crunching the gravel as I chased the lunatic that spoke of me joining a spy agency. A thousand questions flowed through my head. Why me? Is he serious? What spy agency? Down an alley, through a dumpster. I must have been running for about twenty minutes before stopping in front of a broken down mall that me for one had never noticed before. He jumped into a hole and waved for me to follow. Should I? I jumped in and instantly started screaming as I twisted and turned my way down. I stopped with a bump and there was the man waiting for me. He shot me in the knee with a tranquilliser dart and I swayed until everything went black.

I woke up and glanced at my watch. 3:11 am. “Wow!” I exclaimed. How long had I been out for? I blinked a couple of times and saw four men in black suits watching me like a hawk. One of them spoke in a rough deep voice. “Max there is a man called Jonathan Harold. He is constructing the new game console Ocean Ripper. We believe that he may have implanted something harmful in it and we need you to find out.” I waited a minute before shouting very enthusiastically “K, I’m in!”

The next day we set off to Jonathan’s mansion in a big Chevrolet on a very bumpy road. We arrived not to far away and began to creep slowly in. I was spying on him for 6 days before I found anything useful and that’s what brings us back. I had just overheard Jonathan talking to his personal assistant about something to do with nuclear radiation and small traces of it in the Ocean Rippers. I pieced it together and sprinted right out to the open and back to the car which took me back to headquarters. The boss told me to wait as the news was passed on to the Prime-Minister and he jailed Jonathan and stopped all production of the Ocean Ripper. I had actually done it. I had saved the world without getting killed myself. The agency thanked me and the boss said in a gruff voice “ We might need you again.”
Next week on the news Jonathan had hung himself with his bed rags. They even said a big thanks to me for putting my life on the line to save the greater good.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!