Race Day

One fine morning at six o'clock all was quiet, no one was awake, but as the sun shone gently through the old tattered curtains, hitting the sleepy boy's face. He gradually opened one eye then the other. Suddenly, he looked straight up at the calendar; having just remembered it was a special day.
Five minutes later he got dressed then James waltzed down the shiny, red carpet on the stairs. The boy scoffed down his usual breakfast and happily walked out to the old, family car.
Suddenly, the car stopped. "Yay! Yay! Yay! We're here!" James pulled the car door and leaped out of the car and ran to the grandstand. Soon my race was here. Bang! Went the gun, I was startled. I started to run as fast as I could until my race ended at the four hundred metre flag. Huff puff! Huff puff! Huff puff! Everyone went, "I'm glad that's over" said James. Only five more races until they will have lunch. I walked over there and saw biscuits, sausage rolls, lemonade even cordial. It was so yum!
Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! Went their feet in their last five races "Yes, finally I am starving. I scoffed down my lunch, like a tin of tuna and then I practiced my other races, there were still the three hundred and five hundred metre races in my grade.
Bang! Bang! Bang! Went my last two races and everyone else's were finished too. Now it was time for the presentations. Age champion boys and girls six-year-old, goes to Jessica and Louis. Age champion seven-year-old, goes to Rebecca and Laurance and last, but not least, it goes to the eight years age champions Alisha and James "Wow my first medal in my life". Congratulations to these six children, you shall all go home. "Wow today was a big day wasn't it mum" "Sure was, sure was".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!