Danny's Party

Wake up our little Clouded Leopard, it is your birthday today! The sun stars to shine into the den. Quick I better get my friends, Danny thought. It is Danny’s party today. He quickly ate his breakfast and went to get his friends. He puuured goodbye to his family and set off.
He saw his builder friends were clearing the path because the snow had started to melt. He could hear the bee’s buzzing and he could smell the blossom trees. Winter is nearly finished Danny thought. He walked more into the jungle and then into the mountains and found…

Snowy the Snow Leopard curled up in his Mum’s snuggly, snuggly super long tail. Danny woke Snowy up but not his Mum. Then whispuuuuuured in Snowy’s ear, ‘it is my birthday today’. ‘Yay!’, said Snowy still looking tired… ‘off you go have fun’, says Snowy’s Mum.

‘Arly is my next door neighbour’, Snowy says with excitement. Danny and Snowy walked along the path until POUNCE! Out of nowhere came Arly the tiger. ‘Sorry just practising my pouncing skills- let’s go to the party’, says Arly. The three friends set off again!

‘I know where Fluff lives, in that burrow’, Says Arly. It starts to rain. The friends go into the warm, cosy burrow. Fluff, the Mountain Hare is hopping all around excited for the party and wants the rain to stop. The rain stops and the friends start walking again.

STOP! Fluff screams, ‘A SPIDER!!’ Fluff had seen a big grey spotted spider, with yellow eyes on a rock. Fluff is scared of spiders and hops behind Danny. ‘Don’t be scared Fluff, it is just my pet spider Silky. He must have followed us, he likes to be cheeky’, Says Snowy. Phew! Thinks Fluff.

Scrunch, scrunch, scrunch… Fluff jumps. Still a little scared from Silky. ‘Don’t be scared Fluff, it’s just me,’ says a voice in a tree. The friends look up and all they could see were beautiful pink cherry blossoms. Climbing down the tree is Cherry, the Red Panda with a present in her tail. The five friends set off again!

‘We better hurry, we still have two friends to get and the party will start soon,’ says Danny. The friends run back into the jungle and see Mai the Panda trying to get the best bamboo with Twig, the Eagle Owl. Twig knows how to get the best bamboo from the top of the tree. ‘Quick Mai and Twig lets go or we will be late for the party’, says Danny.

It is not far to Danny’s house. They make it in time for the party. The friends walk into the den and see flowers all around and a lots of party food… meat, bamboo, seeds, leaves and a meat cake with a big candle on top. The friends play lots of games and Danny opens his presents. His favourite present of all, after the long Winter is being with his friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!