Jake dodgem champion


“Left side Jake Dodgem, right side Sam Smith.”
“You know the rules of zero gravity dodge ball, 1 on 1, 3 hits are out, below the waist or getting caught is a hit.”
“Activate your zero gravity belts……… go!”
A cannon shot the ball skywards, both boy shot up, Jake was faster but he just missed. Sam grabbed the ball and hurled it at Jake, it wasn’t very well aimed and Jake knocked it to the ground with his elbow.
He sped groundwards, snatched the ball up and landed on his feet.
Sam started twirling rapidly. James couldn’t believe it; he was using the windmill move when you spun around so fast that if someone threw the ball at you it automatically got knocked away. Jake waited calmly; he could see through the blur of arms that Sam’s face had turned green.
Sam fell to the ground slamming his hand on the ground to signal a forfeit.
Jake looked smug. He was in the final!

Once Jake had changed he watched to see who he was playing in the final.
“Semi final 2 George Hopeful Vs Claire Bugz.”
Jake wouldn’t mind playing George Hopeful; he’d beaten him in the third round. George was put back in after someone trod on a beehive.
As for Claire well he’d never heard how good she was, all the people she had played went to hospital because of bug bites.
The thought that it wasn’t a coincidence didn’t have time to register because someone shouted “GO!” Claire got to the ball first but missed; Jake thought she had squirted something onto the ball.
George caught the ball and then wiped his hand on his t shirt. Out of nowhere a swarm of bees flew in at George, he tried to dodge them but it was to late Jake turned his head away as George screamed in agony.
It wasn’t a coincidence; Claire Bugz was a cheat,
And he was playing her in the final!

He would have to forfeit.
“Eeeeek! Ant!” Jake turned around; it was Janie Keel squirting an ant with bugs spray. Janie was allergic to bugs so she always carried repellent.
Perhaps…?
He wouldn’t have to forfeit,
He had a plan.

“Final Jake Dodgem Vs Claire Bugz”.
“Activate your zero gravity belts…….GO!”
Claire got to the ball first Jake could see clearly now that she was squirting something onto it. Jake caught the ball but no bugs came!
“Let’s see you play a real game” Jake said coolly as he hurled the ball hitting Claire on her foot. “Hit 1”. Claire threw the ball at Jake but he caught it easily. “Hit 2”. Claire landed, putting her hands in front of her legs, but Jake threw the ball behind her with spin; it bounced and hit the back of her legs. “Hit 3, out!”
Jake did a dance in the air,
He had stopped a cheat,
He had avoided being seriously injured by bugs,
and he had become Jake Dodgem, champion.










FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!