Game For The World

Bang! The ball makes a loud noise as it gets dropped on James’ boot and it goes straight through the middle of the goals. “My ball” Yells Hamish, and then he kicks it as far as he can possibly go.
Suddenly a red-hot flame falls down from the sky and crashes to the ground.
The boys go over to investigate the thing on fire, they realise that it is a Spaceship. Slowly, a green hand rises from the wreckage. “A AAA AAHH!” scream the boys in terror.
The person in the spacecraft climbs all the way out. It was an alien with a suit and a tie on. “Hello Earthlings, we are here to claim the planet as our own”, said the Alien in a devilish way.
Hamish is frozen in fear, but James speaks up. “This is our Planet and we’re not going down without a fight” exclaims James. The alien stops and thinks, then he says, “what kind of a fight?”
“A game of FOOTY” say the boys in sync “OK” says the alien.
The boys then realise they don’t have a full team. So, they set themselves on a quest.
By the end of the week they have gathered up 21 kids for a full team.
“Time for practice” says James. They race off and start kicking to each other and doing drills.
Suddenly the Spaceship comes to land again. The door to the Spaceship opens up and all 21 aliens come out. “Time to play” exclaims the alien.
The grass is wet and muddy “Perfect for footy” thinks James as he walks onto the field. “BLOO, BLUP CHOO MA!” yells an alien in umpiring gear. “what the hell did he say?” asked Hamish to an alien. “he said NO RAY GUNS” replied the alien like it was something obvious.
Bang! The ball smashes to the ground and bounces up in the air. James runs up but he gets grabbed by an alien. “You cheat” roars Hamish. “Goal” yell the aliens.
Scores got higher for both the aliens and the humans. By the end of the third quarter, everyone was covered in mud and bruises, and it was 106 all. “All right, it is the last quarter and the scores are tied, we have to win!” says James.
Beep! The siren goes off and they walk out onto the oval. The ball bounces onto the ground and then goes up in the air, the Aliens score a quick behind.
It is the humans’ ball. Feeling the pressure Hamish quickly snaps it to James, all the way at the 50-metre line. All James has to do is mark it. Fump! James marks it in his hands on the siren.
It is a 50-metre kick for James. Can he do it? Bang…! The ball goes up, and… he SCORES! The humans win and save the world. The Aliens admit defeat, hop on their ship and leave forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!