Basketball Mania

The sound of deep breathing entered the peaceful mind of a kind and sporty young girl named Savannah. Savannah had long luscious brown hair, green eyes the same colour of the bright green shorts she was wearing. As Savannah entered the local basketball court her heart slowed down as she allowed her tired legs to recover before she sprinted around the cement rectangle of sport. After Savannah cooled down after her sprint she grabbed her basketball and traveled over to the free throw line.

Pound! Pound! PUFF! "Hello!" Said an unfamiliar voice. "I'm Mr. Grey!" Savannah looked at him with a confused look on her face. "I am Savannah! But you can call me Sav!" Savannah replied. As Mr.Grey started to talk Savannah completely tuned out and was looking at this strange sign that read ' Welcome to BaSkEtBaLl MaNiA!' Before Mr. Grey could finish his short introduction Savannah butted in with a perplexed look on her face, "Where am I?" Mr. Grey then responded with a happy face as if he had found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, " Your in Basketball Mania!!!" He continued " Only the best of the best are transported here! Although it might be fun, if you want to go home you have to complete an obstacle challenge. Basketball Mania is a world for all of the basketball stars to become a better basketballer, to have fun while learning new tricks and to show to their teammates when they go back home!" Mr. Grey Exclaimed. Savannah then enjoyed hours of fun learning new tricks.

Savannah started to get tired and wanted to go home to show her friends all the new tricks she had learned. Mr Grey said 'we must go and find the magical basketball court'. Where is it asked Savannah, this way said Mr Grey and they headed off into an amazing area full of tress, flowers, warm sunshine and the most amazing blue sky.

After walking for about half an hour, to get to the magical basketball court, the two of them came across a damaged bridge . Then out of nowhere a basketball court was formed out of leaves. Then a signed appeared in the sky saying 'make three to leave'. " I think if I want to go back home I will have to get three free shots in a row!" Savannah said enthusiastically. " I think you are right!" Mr. Grey responded with a smile on his face! Then a pile of leaves formed the shape of a basketball and flew at the speed of lightning towards Savannah. She got the first two shots in. Now the pressure was on her to get the last shot in to be able to go home. Savannah looked at the net then to the ball and took the shot... Swish the ball went in and when Savannah turned around she saw that the bridge was now an actual bridge now. She ran across to the door on the other side of the bridge and then waved good bye to Mr.Grey, then she opened the door and PUFF everything was gone!

Savannah was finally home and could not wait to tell her Mum about the adventure she had just been on!

The End !

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!