Heartbroken

I know. I know. Life is at stake. Even the most happiest of stories are compiled with a negative ending. It is like Shakespeare’s famous Romeo and Juliette. Love can hurt. It can scar. It can ruin. It can kill. I’ve always been your cure but you were my disease. I’ve always tried to help but you’ve always tried to kill me.
There are many stories on being heartbroken but I feel mine needs to be outspoken. I’m telling you my story. My life. Where every page has a different problem waiting to be dealt with. Everyone has his or her own adventure, whether it’s happy like sunshine or whether it’s teary like the rain. But mine. Just mine. It’s different. But not in a unique way. I wish. Just wish. That I could restart life. To throw my current life away like we throw scraps of paper that aren’t useful anymore. But why, you may ask. There are many reasons why. Once you learn my story, you’ll understand how sad I feel right now. I regret my doings. It’s that bad. Trust me.

It all began on the 20th of March, 2012. I’ll never forget that day. Though it seems like the day where the troubles in my life began, it will be the memory I’ll never be able to let go of. It all started in music class. Where the troubled teens were being themselves. Some sassy brats, some beautiful chicks, some boring nerds, some super-hot footballers and some normal humans like me. I was just there…sitting with my bestie, Lily. In the front corner.
Lily was like me. A normal human. Well, sometimes, you can say that she acts like an animal. Always hunting for prey. She’d support me in all situations. She’d be there for me. She’d help me. But eventually, she couldn’t.
The class had started, the teacher walked in. Today, Mrs. Casey was taking us. She used to be a sweet and polite teacher. I liked her. So did Lily. But those sassy brats made a fool out of her. She tried to end it. She tried to commit suicide. But her husband saved her from making that mistake. He reminded her of our true values. And how important our life is. She was put in a mental hospital. She stayed there for 2 years and came back to her dream profession. Nowadays, she is not that calm and enjoyable teacher. She has changed. She has become a strict and more than professional high school music teacher.
Music, to me, is life. It is something that lets me escape from the troubled real world to my fantasy universe. But music didn’t work this time.
I’ve never told you about my so valuable gift. Have I? To me, it’s the most precious thing. It’s more important than my family. And that is something that I don’t think many people have. You should be wondering who or what it is. Admitting it. It’s Mason. He was my love. My life. My dream. My everything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!