WATCH OUT

It was just an ordinary day as Jack and Jill went on a road trip. They thought it would just be a normal drive around the country, at least that is what they thought.

As Jack tossed everything in the caravan, he realised that they had no map and due to the recent pandemic, he could not go to the shops to get one. So, not telling Jill, he left it and hopped in the caravan and drove off.

Three hours into the drive they saw a beautiful mountain range. Deviating from their original route they drove up the mountain range to see the glamorous view that the ranges offered. There were lots of bumps and turns on the way up, but it was well worth it for the breathtaking view that they got up the top. The sky was blue with a tinge of green, it was breathtaking.

After half an hour admiring the extraordinary view they reluctantly hopped back in their car to continue their journey. On the way down the ground beneath the vehicle started shaking and the car was becoming uncontrollable from the force of the movement. Jack and Jill were horrified. Looking out of the left hand side of the car they saw a gigantic avalanche torpedoing at break neck speed down the mountain. Jack increased the speed of the vehicle, but this was to no avail. The avalanche thundered into the car and that was the last that anyone ever heard from Jack and Jill.

By Peter Christie

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!