Zoe And Raven

Zoe set her eyes on all the beautiful horses in the ring.

"The horse race will start in 5 minutes make your ways to the sitting bay". Zoe was so excited she loved going to the horse races. she skipped excitedly to the sitting bay. "3 2 1 GO!" "Down ward dog takes the lead but for how long we’ll have to see? Oh it’s a close one and the Spotty dot takes the lead. Oh wait... who's that? it’s the good old RAVEN and he is making it into second place and now FIRST. Zoe set her eyes on all the beautiful horses in the ring.

" Oh no... All jockeys off the course now!" boomed a voice over the loudspeaker.

"What's wrong dad?" Zoe asked "Um... a horse just fell wait here" "wait what! What did you do to the horse?" Zoe rushed over and patted Raven. "Dad" Zoe pleaded. Zoe began crying. 3 staff members started putting a tent down over the horse. "dad, stop them" "I don’t think i can, but ill try"

All the horses just finished lining up. Zoe's dad walked over to the staff Zoe saw the staff shaking their head. "i'm sorry kiddo" Zoe started to cry again. I don't think there is anything we can do." Well we cant just let them do it "

"Dad I counted on you from the very first point".

A staff member started walking over. "fine you can have the horse just get it off the course the boss need's the race to go on"

"YAY" Zoe screamed. "Is it temporary?

"No"

Zoe couldn't stop jumping up and down.

They get Zoe's dad's Ute to back the horse in a safe spot for Raven.

They get the tight rope to set on Raven for a plaster, to support him.

Zoe looks out at the view as she was on our way home. It is a nice view but then she realised there was something wrong. Raven was kicking and reering in the back of the truck

"Dad what’s wrong?" "i-i dont know" ill go check "ok" but suddenly Raven stopped neighing ......



TO BE CONTINUED.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!