Zorro And The Stolen Ice-cream Van

On a miniature island laying secretly in the Pacific Ocean was a peaceful valley of foxes, hidden from civilisation. In a small cave next to Foxmore Falls was a fox mother hiding. Poachers had already captured her young, leaving her with only one cub, Zorro. Gunshots boomed like fireworks as a tall, slender man rose from the shore. Animal’s scrambled across the island as the man’s bony hands clenched Zorro. His mother desperately pounced to reach him until… “Get this filthy pest off me!” Roared the dreadful man. Zorro’s mum collapsed by a gunshot as her lifeless body silently rested in the distance. “Noooo!” Whined Zorro, as he was taken away.
Years passed by as Zorro and the foxes entertained wealthy people in a small enclosure lined with gold and diamonds. The zoo they were kept in was high on a desert rise, overlooking a small, outback town that was only for the rich. All day, Zorro heard cries from all the species and felt bad for them. Then decided to make things right again.
The next day, Zorro called Tilki the fox to help with his plan. He drew everything down on a notebook that he stole from a tourist. Thieving was in his blood. “We’ll wait ‘till dusk when bats pass the zoo, catch a ride on one and fly to the nearby town to unleash my master plan; ice cream thieving!” Stated Zorro excitedly. As the sun lowered in the multicoloured sky, the fox duo were ready and waiting. They pounced, gripping their claws onto a couple of low flying bats. Sunset turned to midnight as the two dropped off at the town, and thanked their transport for the ride. Only the illuminating streetlights shinned at the dead of night as lonely cars drifted down the twisting street. Tilka then found a deep hole for them to nap in.
‘Ding!’ An ice cream van rushed by Zorro as he peered and saw a line of children following the van. He rapidly shook Tilka and pointed at the bright van with a plastic ice cream lying on top. “Could you hijack the van?” Zorro questioned Tilka. “Yes, but distract the ice cream man for me.”
Zorro distracted the man by stealing an ice cream and pulling silly faces at him as Tilka stole the van. She had no idea how to control human machines and started rolling down a hill with the provoked people stampeding on the outback landscape. “We need help!” Zorro yelped. “Wait, what’s that?” The fleet of bats soared over and picked up the van as the foxes cheered, “We’re flying,” and headed towards the zoo.
“Zoo ahead!” Tilka announced. “We’re here!” Then…SMASH! The truck crashed into the zoo freeing the caged beasts, looking like a sea of colour from the sky. Zorro pulled a ladder down as the captive foxes leaped to reach it. Then the foxes dropped ice-cream’s to the rushing animals and they flew away to cause mischief somewhere far away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!