Daisy's Big Adventure

Daisy sat in her small cottage, longing for adventure. She knew she couldn’t though. It was dark and stormy and she lived in the country anyway, so it wasn’t as if she could easily go to the mountains or someplace interesting. Daisy hated her home. It was small, old and boring. She desperately wanted to leave, but there were no airports. She stared out the window and groaned. Daisy knew she had to come up with something to entertain herself, but what? She tried to think of something, but her mind went completely blank. An idea suddenly popped into her head. It wasn’t great, but it might do. She opened her bedroom door and looked around for something-anything that might entertain her. To her surprise her bedroom was black and empty. Daisy was really confused. Why was her room dark if she’d left the light on? Why was there nothing there? As she stepped into the room it started disappearing and changed into a new looking small wooden box-big enough for her to stand up in, though. Her eyes widened and she stood there for a second, scared. How did she get here? How will she get out? Her eyes were scanning for a way out. She found a huge gap in the wood. She squeezed out the gap and found herself in the ocean. At least that’s what she thought it was. The jellyfish high above her were violet and as big as a small house. Was she dreaming? Surely this wasn’t real. Daisy spotted a small dragonfly hovering over a purple rock. She was shocked the dragonfly was alive. She swam over to it and-hang on. She was breathing underwater? She picked up the rock and gestured for the dragonfly to follow her. She showed it to the box, hoping it would fly in to ensure it would survive. It flew in and she took the rock back, but the dragonfly came back, too. Why was it so glued to the rock? She laid the rock down inside the box. Daisy kept swimming, hoping to find the shore. But there was no end. How will I get out? She thought to herself. She swam back to the box and sat there. She sighed. If only I hadn’t been wishing for so much adventure, she thought.
“I never knew it could be like this,” she thought aloud.
“What is this stone anyway?” She found herself talking to a dragonfly. As she picked up the rock, purple mist filled the air. Daisy closed her eyes. This was magical! When the mist started to fade, Daisy opened her eyes and saw most of the mist was circling the dragonfly. The dragonfly was transforming into a human. She had pale skin, teal hair tied up into a high bun, a long white t-shirt, sea foam coloured leggings and black heels. The mist disappeared. Daisy hadn’t noticed that they were in the city. Daisy and the dragonfly were finally free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!