That was then this is now

I am a new football that is one of a kind. I am a glittery white sparkling star in the night. I feel so hard that I am sure i would be ten times harder than solid gold. I love the feeling of me getting kicked so that I sail though the air like a bird. My skin is rough with dimples and I can feel the grass reaching up to touch me, tickle me as I pass though it. I have pride of place in his room up high where I can look down on all his other belongings.
But that was then this is now….
Now I have been locked up in a drawer for so long that I think they have forgotten me. It is dark in here, I miss the sunlight that would sparkle off me as I sailed through the air. I am not hard anymore. The air has deflated out of me slowly as my sprirts sink and my hope for the feel of grass tickling me again fades I just stay in the drawer all by myself. My skin feels like a wrinkly old mans skin. I dream of my life outside the drawer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!