That was then, this is now

I was prettier then her thongs, I was more comfortable then her sneakers and I could dance better then any other of her shoes of hers, I was a beautiful pair of ballet shoes.
I was the same colour of my owners flushed face when ever she danced, her face was a rose colour. I had a beautiful red ribbon around me made from silk. I wrapped around her ankles tying us together as flew across the floor, twisting and turning, to the beat of the music thrumming though the floor and into my very own heart.
Every night she would go into her dad’s garage and practice, we were such a great team, even when she would take me off I could still fell the warmth of her feet as I took their shape as my own.
BUT THAT WAS THEN AND THIS IS NOW
As the years went by she got bigger and couldn’t fit her foot in me, my ribbon is no longer on me. It probably was on one of her brand new ballet shoes traveling all over the dance floors all around the world like we were going to do when she grew older and know she has left me behind. I have been thrown underneath her messy bed with only her old clothes and rubbish for company. A layer of dust gathers on my skin hiding my rose colour, it is like a dirty glass wall that hides me from the world. I long to feel the warmth of a pair of feet slipped into me, and feel the thrum of the music beating to wake my old heart again, as we dance one more time together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!