That was then this is now

When I was young and had just gotten my pair of eyes, which were as round as a brand new footy ball. I knew I had a great future ahead of me. I had bright sapphire blue skin that shone in the room as bright as clear blue sky. I look out on the world with my crystal clear eye, a witness to all that my owner could see. I felt like needed like he needed a pair of legs to walk. I lived in a case as smooth as a new born baby’s skin. That kept me warm and safe, when I wasn’t looking out onto the world.
But that was then this is now.
Now I lay on a desk in a room as dark as a room deep under ground. My sapphire blue skin has shredded like a snake that no longer need it’s skin. I feel as weak and broken as a dying person. Looking at the world seems light years away. All I want to is come out of the darkness again and catch a glimpse of the world outside with my faded, cracked eye.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!