Mafala: The Stowaway Cat

As I wandered down the street with my mother I was shocked to see a kitten all alone on the ground. Shivering the cat walked home with me and mother and when we got home we swaddled the kitten in blankets so she would not go cold and I went outside with mother.

“ I wonder if the cat will be okay Mummy?“ said Sylvia

“ Do not worry Sylvia the kitten will be fine.“ said Mother "I hope so, Mummy. “ Sylvia replied.

We wandered down the streets and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the kitten in the window watching us. I smiled. That kitten would become my best friend.

“ Mother what is it’s name do you think?” said Sylvia

“ I think you can choose Sylvia, it can be yours.” said Mother.

“ Will it be all mine like no one can touch it except me, you and father? “ Sylvia asked.

“ Sure Sylvia, all yours sweetie. “ Mother replied.

“ I do not think sister would like that, she would scream at the top of her lungs and hit me until I allowed her.” Sylvia sobbed

“ Do not worry, if she does that I will take away her gumball machine and won't give it back! “ Mother replied,

I sighed, I always knew that they would not do that, well maybe once or twice, but they cannot get every time.

As they were coming back from the market with all the cat supplies, I remembered that my kitty was waiting!

Two long minutes later we were back in the house.

Sister came in after. “ OHHHHHHHHHHH what are all these for?! OHHHH wait mother, you are the best I always knew that you would buy a cat for me! Not that ugly rat in the corner. “

I cowered against the wall and I got my courage and said to her “ IT IS NOT YOUR CAT SISTER IT IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!”

Sister was rolling on the ground now howling at the thought. “ Now tell me dear sister, why would mother ever buy anything for you, you ugly she devil. “

Now you might not call me an emotional girl but when she said those heart breaking words my heart broke into tiny pieces and I started sobbing.

“ AWWW look she's happy that I get to have her kitten that was always meant to be mine!!!” said Sister with a grin.

She stuck her tongue out of me and walked right on past pushing me and my mother to the wall, but mother got up and ran after sister trying to stop her from getting to the cat because she is rough with everything and said some unkind words about mother and and grabbed a knife and threw it at her, mother fell on the ground.

Later the cops came over to get sister to jail and sister was trying to hurt them and struggled so much that she said she would rather die then get sent to jail and she thrust her hand out and grabbed a gun from the police and tried to shoot them and it backfired into her face.

After all this I knew a name for my kitten, a very name that might save someone, I named her Mafala, after my mother. I looked at my cat and it transformed into two parts and Mother was brought back to life. “ I think that name is a good one Sylvia. “ Mothers voice whispered MOTHER!!!!!!! I missed you so much! “ Sylvia jumped in happiness!!

“ And now I am alive again and we did not have to sacrifice anyone except your sister who was a real bummer.” Mother said with a frown.

“ I love you mother!!! “ Sylvia whispered.

THE END!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!