Making A Happy Family

It was 2009, that’s when I was born but I guess you could say my life was harsh and tragic. See I was born the exact time an incident happened with my Dad. Well he died trying to save my Nan in a tsunami and they ended up both drowned together. See, I was born when this happened on the other side of the country.
My life is like a death wish, it’s like Dad never wanted to see me, even though I know it’s not true, it still scares me. It’s like I’m an abomination to my family. I know they love me, but I feel like they hate me because if it wasn’t for me, Nan and Dad wouldn’t have died. It makes me feel like when I get old enough I should just run away.

Ok so that’s a run through, but here’s why I think these things are true.
“I hate you James.”
“If it wasn’t for you this wouldn’t have happened."
Those words were constantly said by my brother and sister, just wait ‘till you hear what I heard Mum say to uncle Josh…
“You know Josh sometimes I wish James was never born, I know I love him but I wish he wasn’t here when I was going through all the stuff with Rendell.”
Now that’s what I call upsetting. I guess it’s normal for my brother and sister but coming from Mum that’s harsh.

One night I woke up and left home and went to Dad’s old house to get some memories of him to give to Mum. When I got back it was like no one even recognised I was gone. It was weird until I showed them the big box of Dad’s stuff by slamming it onto the dining room table.
“Look what I’ve got!” I’m 11 by the way so that’s the reason they didn’t believe me at first but they knew it was true as soon as I said, “Who else could have gotten it, huh?”
After I showed them they started to get along with me and everyone else but there was something missing and I knew I had to solve the problem right away. So, two suspicious weeks of me acting like I wasn’t up to anything, I snuck out again and went to get some of Nan’s stuff, but when I was out there I heard this strange rumbling noise. At first, I thought it was my stomach, but then I saw this guy talking to the water, and doing a weird thing with his feet. “STOMP, STOMP, AWUMBA, AWUMBA” x3.

I just carried on trying to ignore the noises, but it was really annoying me, so I grabbed the box and went home. I showed mum and she was super happy to see Nan's stuff again…
My relationship with Mum and my brother and sis was reunited for good. At least I hope so.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!